There are several benefits of hospice care. Most of all, hospice is centered around enhancing the quality of life for people with a life-limiting illness. It also provides support to caregivers and loved ones during and after care. Furthermore, Gilchrist Hospice Care offers medical and nursing care, social work support, home health care, spiritual care and volunteer assistance, as well as grief counseling.
What are the benefits of Hospice?
- Pain and symptom management
- Education about disease progression, caring for your loved one and the dying process
- Medications, medical supplies and equipment delivered to the home
- Hands-on personal care from hospice aides
- Physical, emotional, social and spiritual support
- Help with accessing benefits, navigating the health care system and decision making
- Volunteer support
- Extensive grief support for families prior to death, and also after death