After a hospital stay, you may need rehabilitation and assistance to prepare you for return to home and an independent lifestyle. Our rehabilitation service is provided at the GBMC Sub-Acute Unit, managed by Gilchrist, in a separate rehabilitation suite with common spaces to spend time with visiting friends and family. The Rehabilitation team includes nurses, therapists (speech, physical, occupational and activity), dietitians, pharmacists, a social worker and support staff, as well as a medical and nursing director.
The team cares for individuals with diverse diagnoses and conditions, including:
- Recovery from joint replacement, fractures or amputations
- Cardiac or respiratory issues
- Rehabilitation from a stroke
- Wound care
What benefits can Rehabilitation provide?
- Help transitioning back to an independent lifestyle
- Rehabilitation in a comfortable setting, with a gracious dining room, an activities space and a large, flat screen television.
- A team of specialists focused on furthering your recovery
- More frequent occupational and physical therapy sessions