You may benefit from Elder Medical Care – Home Care services if you have a chronic or serious illness, have difficulty leaving home and increasingly need help with activities of daily living. Home Care brings primary care clinicians to your home or residence, providing medical care focused on symptom and medication management. In addition, social workers provide guidance on advance care planning and navigating the health care system, as well as emotional support and education on living with a serious illness. Trained volunteers are available to offer respite for caregivers and assistance with chores or errands. Our team will also help connect you with community resources to meet your needs.
What benefits can Elder Medical Care – Home Care provide?
- Customized and coordinated care at your home from a certified registered nurse practitioner, with support from other disciplines
- Support for your goals of care
- Reduction in emergency department visits and subsequent hospitalizations
- Helping you make decisions through advance care planning, and education and guidance about the likely progression of your illness
- Reduction in stress for caregivers and their loved ones
- 24/7 on-call support during a health care crisis, and a visit within two working days for urgent needs
- Volunteer support focused on helping you remain in your home, including respite for overburdened caregivers or assistance with chores or errands
- Education on living with a serious illness
- Help accessing available and needed community resources