Grief Support Groups
Gilchrist offers grief support groups to help grieving families (including children and friends), as well as anyone in the community grieving a loss. These groups encourage mutual support and understanding by providing an environment where participants can discuss topics related to grief, explore their feelings and learn coping strategies.
It can be difficult to hear other people’s stories when newly grieving, so we encourage you to consider first participating in individual counseling or to wait a few months after your loss to participate in a support group.
Most support groups are offered both during the day and evenings and there is no fee to attend. However, registration is required.
Sample of Grief Support Programs (download a list):
- Loss of a Spouse or Life Partner
- Remembering Our Parents
- Mother’s Support Group: For Mothers Who Have Lost Adult Children
- Men’s Support Group: For Men Grieving the Loss of a Spouse or Life Partner
- The Journey Continues: Grief Support in the Second Year
- Hope for the Holidays: These workshops are offered for those who would like understanding and strategies for coping with the holidays.
- Keeping Memories Alive – Create a Keepsake
- Finding Life After Loss
- Writing for Healing