Gilchrist is a nationally recognized, nonprofit leader in serious illness and end-of-life care. We provide counseling, support and care to people at every stage of serious illness, so they may live life to the fullest. Furthermore, we are deeply committed to giving people the clear information and loving support they need to make informed choices about their care.
For more than 20 years, Gilchrist has been providing compassionate care and support for people with life-limiting illnesses. Most noteworthy, our programs offer comprehensive, coordinated care that addresses all of your family’s needs—whether they are medical, emotional, social or spiritual.
And here are a few more reasons:
- Gilchrist is so much more than hospice. We offer a wide range of services, from early diagnosis through the end of life.
- Our staff and volunteers are committed to you. Our team of physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, hospice aides, social workers, music therapists, chaplains and volunteers find their work is not a job, but a calling.
- We also provide care for you in any setting—at home, in residential care communities or in our inpatient centers. And we are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Gilchrist is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving anyone in need of care, regardless of ability to pay.
- Your care will be tailored to your cultural and religious beliefs. Gilchrist has a strong commitment to diversity in its workforce and the families we serve. See our diversity statement.
- You and your family will have access to extensive bereavement services. Counseling for emotional support prior to loss, grief counseling, support groups and celebration of life events are available.
- Gilchrist is accredited by CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Partner) for hospice care. Also, Gilchrist has been awarded the prestigious Circle of Life award from the American Hospital Association.
- Gilchrist was certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Places to Work®.